Become a Member
Becoming a co-op member is easy.
Visit our Service Desk at the Cheticamp Co-op and we’ll help you complete your application form.
Being a co-op member has its benefits, here are a few;
- Enjoy discounts from our partners,
- Participate in our 50/50 Draw,
- Earn dividends on grocery, hardware & building supplies purchases,
- The money you spend at the co-op stays in the community,
- You can serve on the Board of Directors or on committees,
- The co-op is owned collectively by the members,
- The members make decisions about their business,
- Have your say in building a stronger community.
The co-op meets your needs for groceries, lawn and garden, pet food, small farms and so much more.
(As of October 2017)
- Each application for membership has to be accepted by the board of directors before an applicant is officially a member.
- Each member is entitled to one share in the Co-op and therefore entitled to only one vote at membership meetings.
- Membership in the Co-op is $10.00; however, a member can only withdraw dividends once member shares have reached $500.00.
- Dividends are declared at the end of each fiscal period by the board of directors and the payout is done in the summer of every year.
- If a member cancels membership in the Co-op for reasons other than moving, and wished to become a member at a later date, that member will have to invest the same amount to become a member as what was received by the Co-op when membership was cancelled. In addition, if membership is cancelled before the dividend declaration date for the fiscal year in progress, the member will not be eligible for dividends for that year.