We’re always looking for new talent at the Cheticamp Co-op. Whether you are seeking part-time employment or looking to become a full-time career grocer or a Home Hardware Building Centre associate, we’d love to hear from you.
Please take a moment to download, complete and submit a job application.
Current Employment Opportunities
BUILDING SUPPLIES CLERK / DRIVER
Nestled at the foot of Cape Breton Highlands National Park in Nova Scotia, Cheticamp Co-op is a diversified retail business providing its members/customers with food, hardware and building supplies. Our co-operative has been serving our community since 1937. It has an impressive growth record and an annual sales volume of approximately $14 million.
The Building Supplies Clerk / Driver is responsible for delivering products and/or supplies to customers, vendors, jobsites, or other corporate locations, assisting customers with product pick-up and other customer needs. Duties include operating freight handling equipment, maintenance and operation of company vehicles, verification of administrative paperwork, and working with the public at large. The Building Supplies Clerk / Driver must safely perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of customer service.
- Move heavy and bulky merchandise for customers and for sales personnel.
- Advise Building Supplies Manager of shortages and damaged goods.
- Do odd jobs and run errands.
- Perform light vehicle maintenance (check oil, etc.)
- Maintain vehicle maintenance records.
- Check delivery documents.
- Report company vehicle maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Follow company procedures regarding required signatures, forms, receipts, etc.
- Report complaints from customers to management.
- Assist in loading and unloading merchandise and materials.
- Follow all safety precautions when operating company vehicles and loading or unloading freight.
- Be alert for sales opportunities.
- Make suggestions for rule, policy, or procedure changes when you believe such changes will improve sales, profits, and/or morale. etc.
- Follow all delivery and receiving procedures and company policies as determined by management.
- Follow proper documentation procedures for any merchandise that is to be returned or refused.
- Maintain proper security over merchandise and delivery documents.
- Attend meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, management, other employees in person, by telephone, or by FM radio.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to visually verify contents of shipments.
- Must safely operate loading, unloading, and transfer equipment (forklifts, pushcarts, computer, etc.), as well as company vehicles. Must safely secure cargo.
- Must move merchandise weighing up to 100 pounds to or from company vehicles in the delivery process.
- Must maintain a good driving record and lawfully operate all company vehicles used to make deliveries.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
Minimum High School graduation or equivalent
English – Advanced level written and spoken required
French – French written and spoken skills will be considered an asset
Wage: $13.20 – $15.35 / Hour
Extended Health Benefits (After 3 Month Review)
Short and Long Term Disability Benefits (After 3 Month Review)
RRSP (After 1 Year Review)
If this sounds like you, then we are the place to grow! Join the co-operative world of business & focus your career in Atlantic Canada! We offer a challenging work environment with a complete salary and benefit package, recognition of successful performance, as well as opportunities for advancement and personal development.
Please apply in writing or by e-mail to:
La Coopérative de Chéticamp
P.O. Box 40, Chéticamp
Cape Breton, N.S.
E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline date: Vacant until suitable candidate found.
We thank you for your interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.